Tuesday 8 May 2012

A PERFECT STRANGER



 

A perfect Stranger


I sat on the grass


Savouring the beauty that laid far ahead of me


I watched in awesome wonder


As the faint evening sun casts its soft rays


On the crystalline mountain


I sat there watching them:


Men and Ladies


Having their fair share of the beautiful evening


There was laughter, happiness and joy in the air


Yet, i sat there, lonely


Wishing i too like the other men had someone


I could cling to and savour the evening with


Wishing i could be there in their world.


Far gone into the reverie,


I was pleasantly jolted back by a sight ahead of me


Sitting directly under the crystalline mountain


And the sun casting its soft rays on her


Was the most beautiful woman i have ever set my eyes on


From afar, she seemed a queen waiting for her king


Her hair fell on her shoulder


Giving the picture of a waterfall


Her eyes…as she blinked them formed the picture of a rising firecracker.


For some moment


I was lost in the thought and vision of her tremendous beauty


I pinched myself, rose and wandered to her side


How easy it was to talk to her.


Her voice! Oh! That voice that sounded like the song of a bird


Got me hypnotized


I needed to hear how she laughs


Therefore, i made her laugh


God! It was like the melody of a pleasant music


That only angels can sing.


The glee in her eyes when she smiles/laughs


The movement of her hands when she talks


And her mesmerizing eyes will not stop tormenting me


Ah! I felt i have known her all my life


But she is a stranger!


Then He came


And respectfully led her away being his woman.


But her eyes won’t leave mine


As she went with him.


Of course she was my queen, and i her king


In the kingdom we created while we were together


Still seated on the grass


I heard myself say: she is mine


But where is she?


Gone!


Gone with the wind!


JideSane

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates | JCPenney Coupons