Thursday 14 June 2012

HARRY REDKNAPP OUT OF JOB!

Harry Redknapp's reign at Tottenham is over after
the club announced his three-and-a-half-year tenure
at White Hart Lane has come to an end. Everton's
David Moyes and Roberto Martinez of Wigan are
strong contenders to take over after Spurs decided
not to offer Redknapp a new contract.
The tactic was designed to force out the 65-year-old,
but Redknapp stood his ground during talks with
chairman Daniel Levy on Wednesday, refusing to
resign despite the club's tough stance.
Levy said: "This is not a decision the board and I have
taken lightly. Harry arrived at the club at a time
when his experience and approach was exactly what
was needed.
"This decision in no way detracts from the excellent
work Harry has done during his time with the club
and I should like to thank him for his achievements
and contribution.
"Harry will always be welcome at the Lane."
Redknapp added: "I have thoroughly enjoyed my
time at Spurs and am proud of my achievements.
"I have had a fantastic four years with the club, at
times the football has been breathtaking.
"I am sad to be leaving but wish to thank the players,
staff and fans for their terrific support during my
time there."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates | JCPenney Coupons